Exploring serves as both a career-oriented and higher education initiative within the Learning for Life’s comprehensive career education program. Specifically designed for young individuals aged 14 to 20 in the Greater Los Angeles Area, this program offers a dynamic platform for personal and professional development. Registered Explorers are welcome participants until they reach 21 years of age, after which they transition out of the youth segment of the Exploring Program.
The program establishes partnerships with local community organizations, collaboratively establishing Explorer Posts within these entities. This process involves a thoughtful alignment of organizational experts, available resources, and program content with the diverse interests of young people throughout Greater Los Angeles.
Adult participants are carefully selected by the partnering organizations to contribute to the program, fostering a symbiotic relationship that not only benefits the participants but also assists organizations in recruiting, training, and educating young adults about the valuable services they offer within their communities.
The Five Major Components Are
- Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options.
- Boost self-confidence and experience success at school and work.
- Build physical and mental fitness.
- Experience positive social interaction.
- Encourage the skill and desire to help others.
- Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others.
- Help make ethical choices.
- Fulfill one’s responsibility to society.
- Acquire leadership skills to fulfill one’s responsibilities in society.