Exploring is a career-based and higher education program. It’s part of the Learning for Life’s career education program for young men and women who are 14 through 20 years of age in the Greater Los Angeles Area. Registered Explorers can remain an Explorer up until the day they turn 21 years old. Then they are aged out of the youth portion of the Exploring Program.
Exploring enters an agreement with local community organizations with a venture to initiate an Explorer post in their organization. We do so by matching the experts in their organization, the resources, and the program to the interests of young people in the Greater Los Angeles communities. Adults are selected by the participating organization for involvement in the program. By doing so we help organizations hire, train, and educate young adults about what their organization offers as a service in their communities
The Five Major Components Are
- Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options.
- Boost self-confidence and experience success at school and work.
- Build physical and mental fitness.
- Experience positive social interaction.
- Encourage the skill and desire to help others.
- Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others.
- Help make ethical choices.
- Fulfill one’s responsibility to society.
- Acquire leadership skills to fulfill one’s responsibilities in society.